Grandview Heights

Grandview Heights

In 1878, David Brown purchased land near the crossroads of Highway 15 and 16 Avenue and built a house there. After the opening of the Pacific Highway (Highway 15) in 1923, Grandview Heights remained a sparsely inhabited logging hamlet.

Located near Highway 15 and 20 Avenue, this neighborhood’s name is derived from the Grandview Heights Elementary School, which was demolished in 2012. Rural farms and huge estates were demolished to make way for commercial shops and medium-density homes when Surrey began the rezoning process in the spring of 2005. The majority of retail commercial construction began in the late 2000s and was completed in the early 2010s. Residential properties are being built further east on 24 Avenue.

The Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre opened on June 11, 2016, at the junction of 24 Avenue and 168 Street in Surrey, British Columbia. Located next door to the aquatic centre, Grandview Heights Secondary School will open in September 2021. For the first time since 1993, a secondary school has opened in South Surrey’s downtown area.

The 531 bus route, which runs along 24 Avenue and serves White Rock Centre and Willowbrook, began service in Grandview Heights on April 23, 2012. Along 160 Street, the 354 bus route provides service to Bridgeport station as well, albeit only during peak weekday hours as an express service.

The next neighbourhood to visit in Surrey: Fraser Heights

Contact Dr. Therusha Naidoo For A Free Consult